Women’s Soccer Mutes Mules for NESCAC Win
BRUNSWICK, Maine — The Bowdoin women’s soccer team scored a goal midway through the second half and held on to Colby 1-0 Wednesday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (9-3-1, 4-3-1 NESCAC) got their second consecutive shutout. The Mules remain winless in conference play (4-9-0, 0-9-0 NESCAC).
- Colby seemed to take the lead just five minutes into the game Alexander Arndt came out to challenge a ball over the box. Selah Barrett shot over the keeper and almost into the net but watched the ball go over the bar.
- in the 13thth Minute, Samaya Bernardo fired a close-range shot at the left post. MK Marshall banked to the right and made a diver save.
- Five minutes into the second Isa Quintana hitting a volley off the crossbar with your left foot.
- Bowdoin’s lead came in the 64th minuteth Minute. After a corner kick, the ball smacked around the penalty area and bounced back into left midfield. Kyra Hacker Put the ball back in the box at head height Morgan smiley who flicked it up and over Marshall.
- With 19 minutes to go, Colby almost leveled the game. Kaleigh Quinn headed a shot past Arndt though Katrina Reid was at the back post to clear the ball.
Through the numbers
- Bowdoin had a slight 9-7 lead on shots and a commanding 11-1 corner kick advantage.
- Arndt made three stops for the shutout.
- Marshall made five saves.
- The Polar Bears host Wesleyan at 12:15 p.m. Saturday.