No. 18 SCAD Savannah Women’s Soccer defeats No. 1 UT Southern
VSN (admin) Published Wednesday, September 7, 2022 – 07:30
SAVANNEH, Ga. – The No. 18 SCAD women’s soccer team upset No. 1 UT Southern 3-2 on day two of the SCAD Coca-Cola Classic.
- The Bees improve to 5-1 on the season.
- The Firehawks fall to 2-2.
DID YOU KNOW?
- UT Southern is the highest ranked team to defeat SCAD in program history.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- UT Southern attacked first and came on the board in the 35th Minute.
- SCAD responded with a goal of their own at 57:32 Lane Lieberman (Chevy Chase, Md. / Visual Communications) scored an assist out Sydney Chura (Milford, Mich. / Fibers).
- Ten minutes later, however, the Firehawks took a 2-1 lead Jule Stendebach (Kelkheim, Hesse, Germany) tied the game at 2:2 with an assist Berglind Baldursdottir (Kopavogur, Iceland / Architecture).
- The Bees took the 3-2 win in the 89th minuteth Minute when Chura found an odd assist at the back of the net Abigail Siddall (Plymouth, Mich. / Movies & TV).
IN THE BOX RESULT
- goalie Zoe Goodale (Copell, Texas) earned the win with nine saves in her 90-minute work.
- Chura had a total of one goal and one assist on four shots (all on target), including the game-winning goal.
- Liberman scored with one shot while Stendebach scored with three shots, two of which were on target.
- Baldursdottir and Siddall each had an assist.
- The Bees will host Life University on Sunday, September 11 at 3:00 p.m
SCAD Savannah UT Southern Soccer Women’s Mid-South Conference The Sun Conference Scores