2022 Concacaf World Cup Qualifiers: USA vs. Honduras
USA vs. Honduras presented by Volkswagen
2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Finals – Match #11
February 2, 2022
alliance field; St. Paul, Minn.
Pre-game coverage: 7 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET on FS1, Univision, TUDN
Social media: @USMNT at Twitter and Instagram; US soccer on Facebook The US soccer app
Today’s USMNT starting XI against Honduras: 1-Matt Turner, 3-Walker Zimmerman (Capt.), 4-Reggie Cannon, 5-Antonee, Robinson, 8-Weston McKennie, 12-Miles Robinson, 13-Jordan Morris, 17-Luca de la Torre, 18-Ricardo Pepi, 21 – Tim Weah, 23 – Kellyn Acosta
Replacement: 19-Sean Johnson, 2-Sergiño Dest, 6-Yunus Musah, 7-Paul Arriola, 9-Gyasi Zardes, 10-Christian Pulisic, 11-Brendan Aaronson, 14-Cristian Roldan, 15-Sebastian Lletget, 16-Mark McKenzie, 20-Jesus Ferreira, 22-DeAndre Yedlin
GAME NOTES | FIVE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HONDURAS
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this game): Kellyn Acosta (48), Jordan Morris (43), Weston McKennie (31), Walker Zimmerman (25), Reggie Cannon (24), Antonee Robinson (22), Tim Weah ( 20), Miles Robinson (17), Matt Turner (16), Ricardo Pepi (9), Luca de la Torre (5)
- USMNT Starting XI WCQ Cap Numbers (including this match): Kellyn Acosta (16), Antonee Robinson (10), Jordan Morris (8), Miles Robinson (8), Matt Turner (8), Ricardo Pepi (8), Weston McKennie (7), Walker Zimmerman (7), Tim Weah (7), Reggie Cannon (2), Luca de la Torre (2)
- Today’s starting eleven has an average age of 24 years and 243 days.
- The USMNT roster has averaged 23 caps and 13 appearances in official competition.
- Gregg Berhalter makes seven changes to the starting XI against Canada on Sunday, adding defenders Reggie Cannon and Walker Zimmerman; midfielders Kellyn Acosta and Luca de la Torre; and sends on Jordan Morris, Ricardo Pepi and Tim Weah.
- Capping his fifth cap, Luca de la Torre will make his debut for the USMNT tonight.
- Reggie Cannon starts tonight for the first time in World Cup qualifiers. The full-back became the 27th US player to make his qualifying debut in the 2022 cycle when he came on as a substitute in the 76th minute of Sunday’s game against Canada.
- Jordan Morris celebrates his second World Cup qualifier start and first since September 5, 2017 in Honduras.
- Five starters competed in the USA’s 4-1 win in Honduras on September 8, 2021 in San Pedro Sula. Kellyn Acosta, Ricardo Pepi, Miles Robinson and Matt Turner started the game while Antonee Robinson came off the bench to start the second half. Antonee Robinson and Pepi both scored the comeback win.
- Walker Zimmerman captained the USMNT for the fifth time tonight. The team is 3-1-0 when Zimmerman wears the armband.
- Should he come on as a substitute tonight, substitute Brenden Aaronson would be the only USMNT player to appear in each of the team’s 11 qualifiers.
- Goalkeeper Sean Johnson is the only player in the matchday squad who did not feature in World Cup qualifying.
- With teams limited to 23 players, goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina is the healthy scratch in today’s squad.
- Midfielder Tyler Adams (right hamstring) and defender Chris Richards (right ankle) are both unavailable tonight due to injuries sustained against Canada on Sunday.
- Tonight’s game marks the 28th all-time meeting between the USA and Honduras, with the USA holding an all-time lead of 18-4-5.
- The USA are 7-2-2 against Los Catrachos in World Cup qualifiers and 3-1-0 at home.
- Oshane Nation of Jamaica is the head referee for tonight’s game. The USMNT is 3-0-1 overall in games refereed by the Jamaican umpire.
- Nation refereed two USMNT games last year – beating Honduras 1-0 in the Concacaf Nations League semi-finals in Denver on June 3, 2021 and drawing 1-1 with Canada in World Cup qualifiers on September 5, 2021 in Nashville.
Comments are closed.